Hopefully that will change however, beginning with this post! Sometimes all it takes is the first step to get the ball rolling again, which holds true whether it be blogging, starting a new workout routine, or making any other change. Personally, I will make sure to take better advantage of the opportunities I do have for cooking than before, since I might even be home for more than a couple hours at a time from now on. I just have to hold myself accountable and put equal priority to expanding this ongoing experiment and sharing more innovative, healthy, and easy recipes with you.
For now, revel in my comeback attempt with me by making this insanely easy recipe for current and future turkey and Gorgonzola lovers :)
You can make meatballs with this recipe too, or a classic meatloaf...same great taste however you like it ;)
Cauliflower Gorgonzola Turkey Bake
- Approx. 1.5 lbs ground turkey
- 4 cups fresh cauliflower (about 1/2 of a large head)
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (optional)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground peppercorn
- Preheat oven to 350 degreees.
- Chop pieces of cauliflower into smaller, about 1/4 inch pieces (or pulse a couple of times in a food processor)
- Place in a mixing bowl and add the ground turkey, along with all other ingredients.
- Use a spatula (or your hands) to stir all ingredients together until they are thoroughly combined.
- Grease a pan or baking dish that measures about 8x11 inches, and fill with the mixture (I sprayed with olive oil and used an oval pyrex dish)
- Cover and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with additional Gorgonzola cheese if desired, and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked and bronzing.
- Enjoy with spinach or kale, grilled vegetables, quinoa, or whatever else you happen to be making! Please let me know how you like it :)
Have you ever lost motivation, taken a break, and then come back? I'd like to hear about it, and what you did to overcome it! Please connect with me here and on social media...