I am so very glad that the rooftop/grilling/warm weather season is FINALLY here after what seems like the longest winter. There are so many great things to look forward to in the coming weeks and months, in real life as well as the content of this blog, so make sure to check back for more new summer ideas and recipes soon :)
Parmesan Onion Turkey Burgers
- Approx. 1.25 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning (or equal parts basil, oregano, and thyme)
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or fire up your grill :)
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Form mixture into patties approximately 3 inches in diameter (or make them into meatballs!). It's ok if there are bigger pieces of onion sticking out, the patties will bind well as they cook.
- Place patties on a greased baking sheet or grill (I sprayed my electric grill with olive oil)
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or grill for about 10 minutes, then flip and grill for another 5 or until the patty is well cooked throughout.
Enjoy, and let the grilling season begin!!! Share the love please :)