Chicken Apple & Kale Casserole
- 2 large chicken breasts (about 3/4 pounds)
- 3 small, or 2 large onions
- 3 apples (gala or fuji would work very well!)
- 4 packed cups fresh, chopped kale
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut chicken breasts into small, approximately 1/2-inch cubes.
- On a separate cutting board, chop apples and onions in a similar manner.
- Place meat in a large bowl, and toss with salt and pepper.
- Add apples, onion, kale, and eggs and toss very well.
- Transfer over to a greased baking dish (approx. 9"x13")
- Drizzle apple sauce over the top of the casserole
- Bake covered for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, then uncover and bake for an additional 15.
PLEASE share and let me know how it turns out!!