Somehow focusing on the rest of the semester seems to be proving more difficult every week, so I'm trying harder to force myself to be productive. I just remind myself to just hold out for a little more than a month and after after that I will be home freeee for the summer and heading to CHINA and working and not worrying about classes or pointless assignments. On that note, I registered for classes for next semester this morning, which is crazy since I figured out last week that I'm more than able to graduate EARLY. I hadn't realized this before, but it turns out that I don't even need to take a full course load next semester and still graduate a semester ahead. It's a scary realization but SO exciting at the same time...I will still stick around, but be able to take time to focus on planning out what my next moves are going to be after graduation...gotta love it!
In the spirit of getting things done, here is one of my favorite roasted asparagus inventions that I've been meaning to share with you:
Apple Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Approx. 2 lbs. asparagus (about 30 to 40 thin spears)
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (make your own in a crockpot or use store-bought, I recommend unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or coat a large baking sheet with olive oil, and set asparagus in a single layer on top. Spray the top of the asparagus as well, or toss lightly with additional drops of oil to coat.
- Drizzle apple sauce across asparagus, and again toss lightly to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with parmesan cheese
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until asparagus is softened and the parmesan cheese starts to bronze.
- Serve warm by itself, as an appetizer, or as a side to your favorite meat! Top with additional parmesan if desired.
- Enjoy :)
Please continue to blow up the social media world with my recipes ;)