"Portable Protein" Post #2I had gotten a rotisserie chicken the other week and hadn't finished all of the meat because I was just never home to heat it up and have it as a meal. So I thought about it, decided to change it up, and figured other people have this same problem...it's just not convenient to just carry around pieces of chicken in your pocket when you need protein. So this was the inspiration behind the portable protein series, and I am sure that you will see just how convenient this is...so try this idea!! It's like jerky, but stringier and shredded and more like a chip and less like leather.
Shredded Chicken Jerky Crisps
- Baked Chicken Breast (a great way to use leftovers!)
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper and/or other spices
- Preheat oven to about 275 degrees
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Take your chicken breast, and piece by piece, "string" it along the fibers that make up the chicken breast length-wise, and place them on the baking sheet, without layering or letting them overlap much.
- Optional: spray the top of the meat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired (depending on if the chicken has already been marinated or not)
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the chicken shreds have dried out and start to darken in color.
- Let cool and enjoy! They are great by themselves or even with hummus, salsa, or guacamole. Store sealed in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to a week.