"Portable Protein" Series Post #1
So now that I have reached the 1,000 like mark on Facebook, it's time to look ahead to a new milestone. I want to keep making changes to my blog as well as start some new projects that include making an e-book, and interacting with more companies and other blogs. What do you think? Would you like to see a collection of Healtheasy recipes all in one place? I am in the process of brainstorming, and would love your input on where to grow from here!
I am also in the process of running my first giveaway, which I am really excited about! Four of you guys will win a stevia prize pack thanks to NuNaturals! In fact, the recipe below calls for some Cherry Vanilla liquid stevia sweetener, which as always you can substitute...but you could also win it here ;)
a Rafflecopter giveaway Aaaanyways...enjoy the recipe and PLEASE, as always, let me know how it turned out for you!
Cherry Vanilla Cheesecake Protein Bars
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs (or 1/3 cup egg whites)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or other nut flour)
- 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder (or protein powder of choice)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries and/or other mix-ins
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 15 drops cherry vanilla liquid stevia sweetener (or sub with regular stevia or 1 tbsp. honey)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine protein powder with almond flour.
- Add eggs, ricotta, and coconut oil (preferably heated) and whisk all ingredients together well.
- Mix in dried cherries and any other desired add-ins.
- Pour batter into a well greased meat loaf pan or another small baking sheet. (I like to use olive oil in a spray)
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes or until firm and the edges start to bronze.
- Makes about 8 squares...enjoy!! (And at least try not to eat all of them in one sitting)