I made a batch of these Banana Beet Brownies that have been so popular lately, and I experimented with some spaghetti squash, so hopefully I will have a couple of fun ideas for you with it soon! Just kidding...I definitely will have some ideas for you, so make sure you keep checking my Facebook page for updates :)
In the meantime, I want to share something I made on a whim yesterday. It turned out really great, and a lot of people have asked me for the recipe, so here goes! It is actually so easy...(and healthy, see what I did there?)
Balsamic Infused Crockpot Cabbage
- 1 head of cabbage
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups of water (if using a small crockpot)
- 1/2 tbsp salt (optional)
- Wash cabbage and peel off the first layers of leaves that are covering it.
- With a knife, poke about 10-15 incisions that cut through the whole cabbage.
- Pour the 3 cups of water into your crockpot. If your crockpot is larger than 4 quarts, you may need to increase the amount of vinegar and water.
- Place the cabbage in the crockpot, and slowly pour half of the balsamic vinegar over the cabbage, then turn and pour the rest of the balsamic vinegar over the other half of the cabbage so that the vinegar goes into the cuts as much as possible.
- Cook in the crock pot on high for about 2 to 3 hours or until soft, turning the cabbage occasionally so that the vinegar-water soaks in from all sides.
- Cut however you want (I divided it into 4ths) and enjoy as a side to your favorite meat or other dish, or just by itself! (guilty....) You can pour the rest of the balsamic-water over the cabbage as a sauce.
Have a great rest of the week and stay warm everyone!