I want to take a minute to honor one special thing I have been reintroduced to while at home...ricotta cheese. My mom bought it and I am now obsessed...but it got us thinking, so this is what I would like to share with you today:
It's Italian inspired, it's got ricotta, and it's a great way to sneak in some greens...but before I get into that, I would also like to have you take a look at my new logo! It is one of the changes I have been working on, and I'm pretty excited about it! What do you think? I have been trying to get feedback on it through my Facebook page as well, and seriously appreciate any advice!
Italian Chicken and Squash Casserole
Ingredients for a 9"x13" baking dish
- Approx. 3 lbs. chicken breast (about 6 "average" sized breasts)
- 10 cups butternut squash, cubed (peel or leave skin on as you'd like)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cups ricotta cheese (I used 2%, but fat free and full fat versions would definitely work too!)
- 4 cups fresh Kale, packed
- 4 tbsp Italian seasoning (or equal parts dried basil, oregano, thyme, parsley)
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab a cutting board and cut chicken into about 3/4 to 1 inch cubes
- Transfer cut chicken to a large mixing bowl, and toss with 1/2 tbsp salt.
- Add cubed butternut squash, chopped onions, kale, and the rest of the salt and seasonings. Mix well.
- Add ricotta cheese, and mix until the ricotta is evenly distributed.
- Grease a 9"x13" baking dish, and evenly spread mixture into the pan.
- Bake for about an hour, covering as necessary if the top begins to brown before the squash and chicken are baked.
Enjoy!! Feel free to change the amounts to match the portion size you would like to make! And please check me out on other social media as well for more ideas and fun stuff :)