Did I also mention you only need 6 ingredients?? I guess what I'm trying to say is that they are healthy and easy...healtheasy ;) I also think they are beautiful, even though one avid Facebook fan may have mentioned they resemble something less attractive, but I guess you can't win them all...I do promise they at least taste if not look great though, and more importantly give you energy, can be taken anywhere, eaten as a dessert, and best of all you don't have to feel guilty doing it! You should probably make these and judge for yourself though, just to be safe.
Look out for the original non-chocolate version, and more variations of this recipe to come! The Chia seed revolution is here my friends! Revel with me :)
Chocolate Chia Chunks
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder (I used whey) OR chocolate powdered nut butter
- Add-ins: (I made a batch with cashew pieces, another with dried cranberries, etc.)
- 1 tbsp honey or other sweetener (not needed in my opinion, but it's up to you)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mash banana, and mix in eggs and chia seeds. To make it even easier on yourself, you can stick in a blender/magic bullet or use a hand blender to mix.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes to let the chia seeds soak in the liquid, then fold in almond flour, cocoa powder, and protein powder/peanut butter powder, and any optional add-ins.
- Place 1 to 1.5 inch dollops of the batter on a greased baking sheet, and bake for about 13-15 minutes.
- Enjoy and be energized ;) This recipe makes about 12 "cookies"
Please share the love :)