In other news, I have been thinking about my blog in regards to branding, direction and focus of content, and strategies for growth, especially since I have a lot more time to devote to making a plan for the future in the coming month. Do you have any suggestions, tips, or things you wish you had known when you were starting out as a blogger? I'd really love to hear and discuss them!
Meanwhile to help you think...please make and enjoy my new dreamchild of a clean and healthy and delicious coconut dessert! I am so glad my family is here to help me taste test because otherwise experimenting with these could have had some dangerous consequences...
Triple Coconut Surprise Cookies
(Makes about 12 1-inch balls)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Dried fruit/coconut for filling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together coconut flour, almond flour, coconut shreds and baking powder.
- Separate your eggs, putting egg whites in a separate container and adding yolks to the bowl with your dry ingredients.
- Set egg whites aside, and add honey, milk, and coconut oil to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly. The dough will be dense, so using your hands to make sure all ingredients mesh might work best.
- Using a hand or stand electric mixer, whisk egg whites until peaks form. Transfer the stiffened egg whites to the other bowl, and use a spatula to mix well until the egg whites are thoroughly combined with the dough. Dough should be wet and fluffy yet continue to keep shape well.
- Form dough around your choice of dried fruit, coconut, or other nut into approximately 1-inch balls. Place on a greased baking sheet, and top with extra coconut, nuts, or cranberries if desired to make them look even better :)
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until they start to bronze, and let cool.
Enjoy and share with friends and family! These would even make great homemade gifts if you're really trying to let people know you like them ;)