My back is finally feeling a little better, so I was excited when I went to the gym this morning and could actually bend over to touch my toes...it's crazy how the smallest things can feel like such an accomplishment! It really sucks being injured, but at the same time it also helps put things into perspective if you let yourself think positively. I have for the most part been doing what I can to make the most of it, and that is all I can ask of myself! That being said, I really can't wait to be able to lift weights again, because the elliptical is not really cutting it for me ;)
Anyways, I held off on posting this recipe over the holiday because it didn't seem very "Christmassy," but I'm so excited to share now! It is healthy and easy as always, and right up my alley because I LOVE Mexican food. I promise it will make the best New Year's appetizer or a nice addition to any salad...or even a main dish with a side of roasted veggies, sweet potato, or salsa and guacamole...the options are endless :) I had the best time taking pictures of these too, so sorry for the overload! Check it out:
Makes about 24 meatballs
- Approx. 2 lbs (32 oz) ground meat, turkey or beef
- 1 onion
- 1 avocado
- 2 small tomatoes (I used roma)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Finely chop your avocado, onion and tomatoes.
- Place ground meat in a large mixing bowl. add chopped veggies, flaxseed, spices, and mix well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. (Hands work best!)
- Grease a baking sheet or a muffin tin (genius right??) and roll mixure into 1 to 1.5 inch balls.
- Place on sheet and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- That's it! Enjoy and store in the fridge...they are even delicious cold hehe ;)
Have a great week, and please remember to like and share on Facebook and Twitter! Let's spread the word about these amazing balls!