Mulled Wine Smoothie
- 4 Apples (gala or golden delicious or any other kind)
- 2 Pears
- Approx 1 L red wine (I used Trader Joe's Cabernet, or Uncle Chuck as we like to call him)
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- dashes of nutmeg, apple, or pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Cut apples and pears into smaller manageable pieces (doesn't have to be pretty)
- Place fruit and cinnamon in a crockpot and let cook for about 2 hours on high, or until soft. You can also just steam on the stove if you do not have a crockpot, or want to hurry the process along a little.
- Once the fruit is soft, pour wine into the crockpot and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes, or until it heats up. If you are steaming your fruit, just transfer it to a saucepan, add the wine, and let simmer over low heat for about ten minutes.
- Transfer the warm mixture to a blender or magic bullet, and blend until smooth, or use a lower setting if you prefer to preserve some pieces of fruit in your smoothie.
- Serve in mugs, and enjoy the warm, apple-pie tasting goodness! It will seriously blow your mind.
Thanks for sharing!