PS. I found out that dark chocolate has a ton of caffeine in it, maybe that's why I haven't been able to sleep well lately? Hmmm...
Chocolate Protein Energy Bars
- 2 smaller, ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- approx. 1/3 cup dried fruit (I used apricots for these!)
- 1/2 cup chocolate whey protein (or other flavor)
- any other add-ins of choice ie. mixed nuts, dark chocolate bits, coconut flakes, etc.
- Preheat oven to about 300 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas and mix in almond flour, flaxseed, cacao powder, and protein.
- Add in dried fruit and any other mix-ins.
- Grease a small pan or baking sheet, and spread mix evenly until it is about 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into bar sizes or squares, and power up!
Please remember to share the energy ;)