I am short on time this weekend, but I am so excited about this Banana Bread situation that I just had to share. I will probably be making another batch of this soon, just to see what happens if I mess around with it a little more, but this one came out great so I wanted to give you this version too! Try it out, let me know what you think, and I will post a follow-up when I get back :) I am thinking this has so much potential in regards to add-ins too...cacao bits, dried fruit, CRANBERRIES...I will definitely be experimenting with those in the coming weeks, and will keep you "posted" of course (punny, I know).
Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend? I'd love to hear about them, and hopefully you can fit a batch of this delicious bread in as well!
Banana Protein Bread
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup flaxseed
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch (or 1/2 cup almond flour)
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
Update 1/13: If you do not have arrowroot starch, you can just substitute with 1/2 cup of almond flour, and reduce the amount of protein powder to 3/4 cup!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas, and add in protein powder, flaxseed, arrowroot starch, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add in eggs and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into a well greased bread/meatloaf pan (I recommend using coconut or olive oil).
- Stick in the oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes, checking occasionally. When the top of the loaf starts to turn bronze, turn off the oven, and let cool inside with the door slightly open to prevent the bread from falling. If making muffins, reduce baking time to 25-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! This makes a great breakfast or pre/post workout snack!
Share the love please :-)