On another note, I got a concussion at practice today...again. I still really want to share what I made today with you because I am proud of it, but I will keep the writing quick. So thankful that my week is over and I get to rest tomorrow. Feeling terrible just makes me that much more grateful for when I do feel well.
I am also thankful for the beautiful weather we've been having.
I am also thankful for my wonderful family and my sister, who's birthday is today.
And I am thankful to be able to experiment with food like this and share it with you.
Good night for now everyone, and seriously try this soup recipe!!
Butternut Squash, Kale, and Sausage Soup
Makes about 2 servings
- Approx. 2 cups butternut squash (8 medium cubes), steamed/roasted/crockpotted/softened
- 1 cup fresh kale, steamed or microwaved
- 1 sausage (I used already cooked apple sausage, but any kind would work...smoked would be especially delicious)
- 1.5 cups almond milk (or more, depending on how thick you like your soup to be)
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp salt, based on taste
- 1/2 tsp basil , to taste
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper, or more to taste
- Microwave almond milk for about 60 seconds or until hot.
- Put cooked butternut squash, almond milk, and spices in a blender or magic bullet and blend until smooth.
- Chop your sausage into smaller pieces, and add to squash mixture along with the steamed kale.
- Blend or pulse on a low setting, so that the sausage is not completely blended into the soup.
- Enjoy! If you make this right away, the soup should still be hot after you are done making it.
Bye for now, and please remember to like and share!