Anyways, I have been working pretty hard on this brownie recipe, and since I debuted some of the experimental versions at the dinner, I thought this would be a great time to share what I came up with. It might sound a little crazy, but trust me on this one! I think they are pretty revolutionary...I really like them without any added sugars, because the dark chocolate taste really stands out, but if you would like, you can easily add honey to sweeten them to your liking. As always, the recipe is really simple too...
Banana Beet Brownies
- 2 red beets, cooked (I used the really convenient pre-cooked and packaged kind)
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 small 75% dark chocolate bar, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp honey (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the dark chocolate bits, or nuts, or peanut butter powder, if desired
- Pour into a well-greased pan about 8x8 inches
- Bake at 325 for about 40 minutes.
Enjoy!!! Seriously, don't be scared of this :-) And please remember to support and like and follow!!