Zucchini Stuffed Meatloaf
- Approx. 1.5 lbs ground turkey or beef (mine was 94% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini (I used two halves of different colored zucchini)
- 1 egg
- Approx. 1 tbsp salt, plus more for vegetables
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup parmesan (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the ground meat, chopped onion, egg, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Grease a non-stick meatloaf or bread pan, and place about half on the mixture inside the pan, pressing down in the middle to create a valley for the zucchini.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and/or Parmesan. Place into the indent and press in slightly.
- Use the remainder of the ground meat to cover the top of the zucchini. Top the loaf with additional Parmesan if desired.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes on 350 degrees, covering if necessary. Increase temperature to 400 and bake for another 7-10 minutes to bronze.
Enjoy, get creative, and let me know what you think :-) Happy saturday everyone, and please remember to share the love!