Blueberry Vanilla Protein Bread
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinammon
- Let blueberries sit out until they thaw or stick in a microwave for a couple of minutes to defrost.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl until well sifted together.
- Add the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and blueberries with the juice from defrosting and mix well with a spatula.
- Use a hand mixer or mixing bowl to whip the egg whites until they form peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture and
- Grease your bread tin or other pan with coconut oil (found that this works best but butter or any other oil works too). I also lined mine with aluminum foil to make it easier to take out and clean, but that is up to you.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until bronzed and firm in the middle.
- Let cool in the oven for 10-15 minutes before taking it out to prevent the bread from falling.
Eat while warm or eat while cold, store in the fridge or freeze for later...makes for a great snack, enjoy!