String Bean Stuffed Mini Meatloaves
- Approx. 1.5 lbs ground meat (I used 92% lean turkey)
- Approx. 1/2 lb string beans (lightly steamed or defrosted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (can omit, I just wanted to try it...thumbs up)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (can also omit if you want to do the healthy thing)
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic powder (or if you're like me, more to taste)
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tbsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tbsp black or lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine meat with all above ingredients except for string beans. For best results, use your hands...they're a great tool that works really well.
- Cut string beans into 2 to 2.5 inch pieces, so that they are similar lengths.
- Take a ball of meat, approximately a handful or a quarter of a pound, and flatten on top of hand.
- Place about ten pieces of string beans on top and in the center of the meat patty, and envelop the string beans by joining the sides of this meat "pocket" around the beans from the top and the side. Add more meat if necessary to create your loaf.
- Repeat until you run out of string beans and or meat, for me it was enough to make four mini meatloaves! If you have extra beans and/or meat, you can just sautee together in a pan and it will be just as delicious. (See below for inspiration)
- Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until meat is thoroughly done and bronzing on top.
Have fun with this and enjoy the outcome, whatever it may be for you! Sometimes the stuffed meatloaf making takes practice, but I believe in you! You will be a meatloaf making professional in no time, I'm sure of it ;)
Please share the love!